Thursday, November 29, 2007

Not going grey gracefully!

Today I made the decision to not go grey gracefully! I have been fighting this decision for quite a while, in fact ever since the last time I had my hair cut (over a year now). It has now reached that length (just below shoulder length)when it gets unmanageable and just looks strealy. When I was younger I coloured my own hair for years, but now I have gone past the 50 mark the impetus has been lost somewhere.

Actually I have been fascinated watching my hair change over the last couple of years and acquire a pewter hue. But actually its more a sparkly silver in the sun, especially when its just been washed and is cut short! Both my mother and grandmother were white by the age of 60 so it's in the genes. I have told my daughter this and she is horrified, unfortunately I only see her a couple of times a year and each time she is fascinated to see how much more silver I have aquired.

So I have taken the plunge and booked an appointment at the hairdresser for a cut and blow dry on Saturday. This means I am going to have to get on with the colouring before Saturday. Saturday being the day of the Company Christmas Dinner and Dance - hence the last minute panic stations - I have just realised I cannot go looking like the mad woman of Chaillot! Fortunately the first hairdresser I tried had a slot which saved a lot of time, but Saturday is going to be busy, what with having my hair done and then having to go shopping for something to wear, as I have also now realised that it simply will not be good enough to throw on the first thing I find in the wardrobe (and I simply do not have anything dressy enough to wear -aaaargh!)I live in jeans and t-shirts when not at work and resent paying good money for something I'm probably only going to wear once or twice - I have better things to spend my money on!

No comments: