Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wordless Wednesday 20/8: My eBay mirror

Click to enlarge

I got this great mirror on eBay for $90 (£45) as no one else bothered to bid on it (can't imagine why!) It's 3'6" high by 5' wide so we had to go and pick it up from Kent, a round trip of 300 miles! It only just went in the car and we had to prop it up sideways with cushions & blankets. Everytime we went over a bump or pothole I kept waiting for an ominous cracking sound! At least we have a wall big enough to take it, and Hubby was very forbearing in letting me buy it as it's not to his taste at all (although he has admitted it's grown on him:-)

I know this is supposed to be WORDLESS Wednesday and I did initially post just the picture, but I thought you might enjoy the story behind it and thought what the heck! :-)

Play Wordless Wednesday with MammaDawg





DigiGuide, the best TV guide

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I think it's beautiful! Is it antique? It has so much characters. Good find Zoe.

Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

I hope you get your Indian summer!

It's been raining here in Texas lately, for three days now actually.

Unknown said...

Neat buy, great not so WW, mine is up at The Cafe.

Dori said...

I love the mirror...very pretty. I love pieces like this. It reminds me of a few things that I have that were my grandmother's. Beautiful.